Monday, September 8, 2014

Unique Blog Hop


I was invited to participate in the Unique Blog Hop 
by Seleise and if you click on her name, you will be directed to her wonderful post. 
I am happy to share a little bit about my style of stamping.

HERE WE GO:

1. What am I working on?
 I am in the process of working on craft projects for upcoming craft shows.
Pictured is just one of the many treats I make for my craft shows.
I love covering the little Hershey nuggets and creating a fun little treat.
I buy address labels and stamp just about any image on them. Wrap them around the nugget and you have some of the cutest little candy treats. These are a huge hit at all my craft shows.



These cute little jack-o-lanterns are made with mint patty candy. 
I love making cute treats for all my craft shows. 

For any of you in the area, I will be at :
Mt. Carmel craft show in October
St. John the Baptist Turkey dinner and craft show in November
LaSalle craft show in November.
They are all located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. 

2. How does my work differ from others?
My style of stamping is simple.
I like to look at a card and know that I can make it.
I usually do not do a lot of layering or coloring. The sentiment is usually on the outside of the card and the inside is left blank so the person can write their own message. Sometimes I do put the sentiment in the bottom corner on the inside of a card so there is still room to write.


I typically make birthday, anniversary, friendship, sympathy, and thinking of you cards. Sometimes I get requests from friends asking me to make specific cards...like the one above...these were for the first day of school this year.
I belong to a large creative family and I must say it sometimes looks like a Hallmark store around my house...for example...my anniversary, my birthday, and my husband's birthday are all in the month of August...and it is amazing all the love we receive in cards, handmade or bought... as you can see below. I enjoy seeing the different styles of stamping that my family and friends have...from very detailed and layered to the very simple.


3. How does my creative process work?
This is really a funny question for me because I never really thought of myself as creative or crafty. Well, that was until my sister-in-law, Melissa, got me started in stamping....oh so many years ago. I saw what she was doing and my first thought was, "I can color, so I can do this too"...and it has gone way beyond that now!
Again, I belong to a large family of creative and crafty people. Inspiration is everywhere! I get most from my sister-in-law, Melissa and my sister, Shari.  They inspire and give me the confidence to do what I do. I enjoy being an amuse studio consultant. I love getting inspired from fellow amuse studio consultants, especially at our National Conference every year. I love to share stamping with others...whether is it through workshops, stamp clubs, or just getting together to have fun and stamp!
My kids think it is funny how excited I get when I create a card but they, along with my husband, are always digging into my stash when in need of a card.
Below is a picture of where my creativity happens. I just reorganized the entire area...my son is in his third year of college and one day soon, I plan to move this all upstairs into his room...I hope it all fits!


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read about my love of stamping. 
I want to thank Seleise, my fellow amuse studio consultant, for inviting me to join in this blog hop. I met Seleise 3 years ago at National Conference. I immediately liked her because she was so upbeat and fun. She is very talented and I enjoy seeing her creativity. She always has a smile on her face and I have the privilege to call her my friend. I must say too, she has a heart of gold....or should I say purple....you'll know what I mean when you visit her blog Thanks again Seleise, it's been fun!








3 comments:

  1. Great post Laura! I enjoyed reading your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it Laura!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, Laura, and loved reading all about your creative process! Best of luck at your craft fairs! I've got to get my act in gear for my upcoming shows too. We need to visit about that at the next NatCon! :) Thanks for the shout-out to my purple heart and thanks for playing along! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete